How To Travel And Work At The Same TimeOct 08, 2023
Hello Stoic Investors,
Today I want to talk about living the dream.
Let me ask you this. How do you feel while travelling?
If you’re like most people, you feel:
• Free because you’re in control of your day
• Happy that you can experience another part of the world
• Curious to explore other cultures
And this is addictive.
So why not chase that (good) addiction to live a better live?
There are two ways you can do it.
Get a corporate job
If you’re working for a big company, chances are you’re packed with meetings.
And some of these meetings might be abroad.
In most cases, you’ll go to the destination, have the meeting, eat dinner, pack up your stuff and leave. Pretty
Here is a better way.
Extend a business trip for personal purposes and explore the new environment. This is known as “bleisure”.
And it’s quite common these days.
You might even negotiate some sort of deal with your employer.
For example, a friend of mine was asked to go abroad on a short-notice. So, he negotiated 4 extra days off
which he used to explore the city. Pretty cool, right?
Let’s take a look at the second approach to travel and work at the same time.
Make your own job
In the modern world, you can build a seven-figure business with your laptop.
There are four main categories of online business.
1. Content business:
The lifeblood of any content creator’s business is their audience. With an engaged audience that is big enough, there are many ways to capture value from the content you create for them.
2. Service-based online business:
This is all about working with clients one-on-one, completing projects, and using word-of-mouth as a main growth tool.
Selling products online, usually via a virtual storefront.
4. Software as a Service (SaaS) & other tech:
Creating tools and products that people pay to use. Usually requires some background in tech development.
It isn’t easy. But it offers you complete freedom.
And that is priceless.
So, note down these points and start traveling today:
1. You can blend travel and work either through a corporate job or by creating your own.
2. Combining business trips with leisure, is known as 'bleisure'.
3. The four main categories of online business are: content, service-based, e-commerce, and